Thursday, June 17, 2010

Busy Days in Germany






My last couple days in Germany were lots of fun. We spent a lot of time looking around the city, going to biergartens, and trying to get some sun. We went to the English Garden, which is a huge park right in the city. There were surfers hanging out by the river. I also saw one of the few Nazi buildings that were left from the war, which had been converted into an giant art gallery. We also took a trip to Regensburg where a couple of my other friends live. They were having a bbq and we all were able to get some food and hang out outside.







The day before I left, Stephan (Julica's roommate) was having a party for his birthday. We all went to his parent's house and had a cookout. Lucky for me, almost all Germans speak English and so I was able to talk to most everyone. Most were watching the first games of World Cup Soccer and drinking authentic German beer, of course! Many of them were just as curious about America as I was about Europe and Germany. I've lost count of how many times I've been told "You're not in Kansas anymore". Overall, people in Germany are friendly and talkative. All that beer probably doesn't hurt, either



Oh, and there are many, many more pictures here:

http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2049021&id=1184640001&l=703e49f8f7.

Love,

Emilie

1 comment:

  1. 6th picture down, your eyes... oh my god... so beautiful. (the other pictures are ok ; ])

    i miss you so!

    ReplyDelete