Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Trying this out!


Hi guys,

I've been in Ireland for a few days, and am finally getting around to updating this thing, which I promised myself I would update every few days.

I spend about five days in Munich, Germany before Ireland and stayed with my friend Julica. I had an amazing time, both seeing old friends and seeing the beautiful city. Julica has a cute little apartment in the city and let me stay there with her. The first day I was trying to beat my jet lag, and was able to stay up until close to midnight after about 12-15 hours of traveling. I met her roommates and we shared a bottle of wine and caught up.

The next day I went on a really great tour of Munich. We took the subway (my first time, ever!!) which was perfectly on time, of course (I was in Germany) and traveled to near the downtown area. We saw the old entrance to the city, which was from the 1300's and then walked around a bit. I was surprised to immediately see a Starbuck's and an American Apparel store, but it got much more authentic after that. One of the first things we saw was a Jewish monument and church as well as a couple other things that were pretty interesting:





After walking around the area for a bit, we ran into one of Julica's friends, Ian. He just happens to be a tour guide for Munich, and we decided to go on one of his tours. He knew so much about the city and it's history, it was well worth walking around for a few hours in the heat. Here are a few pictures:








My first impressions of Munich were really wonderful, as you can see!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful photos, Emmie. Thanks for sharing your adventure. Joan

    ReplyDelete